NEAR 2017-02-21T23:49:06+00:00

BEAUTIFUL PLACES NEAR COLLE VERDE FARMHOUSE

Pienza
Originally “Castle Corsignano, Pienza took its present name in honor of Pope Pius II Piccolomini, who started the second half of the ‘400 restructuring that was meant to be the utopian ideal city. The village itself is an absolute gem, but in particular is the cathedral, which housed works by Giovanni di Paolo, Matteo di Giovanni Vecchietta, Sano di Pietro, there is also a marble altar attributed to Rossellino, architect whom Pope Pius II commissioned to redesign the city. Adjacent to the cathedral is the Diocesan Museum, where works from the school of Sodom and Sano di Pietro, Flemish tapestries of the ‘400 and ‘500. A short distance away is the beautiful Palazzo Piccolomini, built and designed by Bronzino Beccafumi. Downstream of the country develops the charming landscape of the “Artistic Natural and Cultural Park of Val d’Orcia, with ravines, rolling fields and the famous chalk cliffs.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Montepulciano
The beautiful town, which for its artistic and architectural remains has been called the “Pearl of the ‘500 ‘, retains its beauty. Going up the steep villages, visitors will discover beautiful palaces and churches where the greatest architects of the Renaissance transfused their art. To see the beautiful Piazza Grande, the Cathedral from the Town Hall would do well, all around Renaissance palaces. In the valley below the town, in an unforgettable view, stands the elegant massive Temple of San Biagio. Montepulciano is also a thriving center of cultural events including the most famous is the “Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte” and the popular representation of the “Bruscello. Agricultural economy, more important, it now supports a strong tourist who sees one of the most important components in the Terme di Montepulciano, in S. Albino, where they are based on the healing waters and mud baths.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Montalcino
Montalcino (m.564) is placed on top of a hill dominating the valleys of ‘Orcia and the Ombrone. Within the city you can see – besides the wonderful views of Brunello wine, starting with the Town Hall – the former seat of the Priori – severe stone building decorated with coats of arms surmounted by a tall tower, with monumental porticos and arched Gothic XIV-XV cent of all sixth, followed the neoclassical cathedral, built on a Parish of 1000, in whose chapel of the Baptistery are kept interesting sculptures and the sanctuary of the Madonna del Soccorso, built in 1600 on a fifteenth-century church close to the port to dogwood; Sant ‘Agostino Gothic-Romanesque Sant’Egidio (also called the Church of Siena) early sec.XIV; Saint Francis with its square tower. Museum – Madonna and Child with Saints. John and Peter, Robbia pottery from 1507 S. Sebastian, another Robbia terracotta century. Museum of Archaeology houses – relics of the Paleolithic, Neolithic, Bronze and Iron Age, Etruscan vases and urns. Diocesan Museum – Crucifix from the early thirteenth century, parts of an altarpiece by Luca di Tommè, Madonna and Child in the School of Duccio.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Trequanda
In one of the most unspoiled regions of the province of Siena is the medieval village of Trequanda. The village grew around a castle in 1200, which remains the imposing crenellated tower. Trequanda is perched atop a hill, nestled in a natural environment of woods, vineyards and olive trees. The mild climate and the typical Tuscan landscape meant that you can visit the farmhouse type and climate, and agriculture still remains important for the quality and quantity, is the production of oil, wine, honey, cheese and salami. The old town is situated around a bright and airy piazza which overlooks the beautiful Romanesque church dedicated to Saints Peter and Andrew, the building’s thirteenth century, has a facade of white and dark blocks of stone, a chromatic effect that is rare in this area. Inside, there is a fresco of the Ascension in Sodom and a triptych by Giovanni di Paolo.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Chianciano Terme
Surely one of the spas most famous in Italy, which specializes in water, is probably linked to the presence of a significant human settlement that would constitute a major center of Etruscan and Roman. Important evidence in this regard is the finding of a monumental complex spa being excavated in central location “Mezzomiglio. Many other finds from the Etruscan and Roman, some of which are visible in the newly discovered Civic Archaeological Museum “of water.” Cultural attractions include spa is adjacent to the old sort Chianciano medieval combines the treasures of Romanesque and Renaissance: Some of these treasures – such as paintings by Sienese and Florentine schools, followers of Duccio and Arnolfo di Cambio – You can admire in the Museum of Sacred Art at the Palazzo dell’Arcipretura. Chianciano is located about 550 meters s.l.m. surrounded by large oaks, beeches, oaks and chestnut between Chiana and Val d’Orcia, where, together with the classic Tuscan countryside, we can still see the ramparts, castles, fortresses and monasteries. This environment, unspoiled, crowned by the famous mineral springs; Chianciano Terme offers all the advantages of climate and tourism resulting from its geographical position.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Chiusi
In Etruscan times already, Chiusi had its heyday at the time of the legendary King Porsenna. Important finds from archaeological digs, past and present, are on display at the National Etruscan Museum of Archaeology. ” Opposite the museum is the cathedral, already existing in the XII century and transformed in 1585 adjacent to the building was set up in the ’30s the “Cathedral Museum, which houses important relics including precious illuminated missals. The territory were also unearthed the Etruscan tombs such as the Pilgrim of the Monkey, the Lion, the Pania and many others. Christianity spread very quickly in these places; proof of the Catacombs of Saint Mustiola and Santa Caterina. In addition to the catacombs there is the so-called “maze Porsenna”, an intricate system of underground tunnels leading to the cistern that dates to the first century AD. For all this, but also for its natural attractions, Chiusi is developing its tourism. A major attraction is the lake of Chiusi, downstream of the city, calm stretch of water where you can do sport fishing and bird watching.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Bagno Vignoni
San Quirico d’Orcia Originally was an Etruscan town, it acquired importance thanks to the nearby Via Francigena. Federico Barbarossa, in 1154, received the ambassador of Pope Adrian IV here and this event is recalled in the “Festa del Barbarossa”, the third Sunday of June. In 1167 it was the seat of the Imperial Vicar. The Florence of Cosimo I de ‘Medici purchased it in 1559. The Collegiate Church of Saints Quirico and Giuditta is in the Romanesque style: it has three portals and the southern is attributed to Giovanni Pisano is a politician in Sano di Pietro and a choir of 1432-1502. Palazzo Chigi is from the seventeenth century. “Leonini Gardens” (sixteenth century) are one of the first examples of Italia Garden style: from August to October there is an exhibition of sculpture “Forms in green”. The Romanesque church of S. Maria Assunta was, perhaps, constructed on the ruins of a pre-Christian temple. The inside of the church of S. Francesco holds two wooden polychrome statues and a Robbia’s Madonna. The village of Bagno Vignoni was known since Roman times, famous for its healing waters that flow at a temperature of 50 ° C and are retrieved in the vast pool as the centerpiece of the village, lives a life very enchanting. In S. Catherine of Siena is dedicated to a small shrine at the side of the tank. Castle Vignoni looks down upon the town and can be reached from San Quirico or by Bagno Vignoni: a natural walk which can be made on foot.

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva

Salva